- Eliminate dedicated funding for trails, walking and bicycling;
- Destroy long-term dedicated funding for transit created by the Reagan Administration;
- Do away with the rail-trail eligibility category in the Transportation Enhancements (TE) program;
- Put our children in harm's way by eliminating the Safe Routes to School program;
- Fail to maximize its job creation potential, since trail, walking and bicycling projects create substantially more jobs per dollar than do highway projects;
- Increase America's dependence on foreign oil; and
- Contribute to our growing health and obesity crises.
Vice President of Policy and Trail Development