Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Saturday November 12 2-4PM Artist's Reception

For anyone who has enjoyed a meal in Mountaindale's new Uccelli Restaurant, you cannot help but notice the stunning photographs from around the world that adorn the walls of Robert's restaurant taken by renowned artist and photograph Louis H. Jawitz who now resides in our area. This Saturday November 12th, 2011 Robert will be holding an Artist Reception for the artist from 2:00-4:00 PM, and you are invited. Please stop by for some wine and cheese, meet Lou, and enjoy his beautiful photographic studies from around the world, including a breathtaking picture of the Twin Towers.

About The Artist

Artist Statement of Louis Jawitz

It was decades ago when I picked up my first camera, shot that first photograph that drew me into this mystical world that allows one with a simple lens to capture the essence of humanity, its foils, its toils and its triumphs.

I had gotten my first camera while serving on the nuclear aircraft carrier "Enterprise" and being in such close quarters found myself taking pictures of my shipmates, working at their assigned tasks, relaxing down below in the crew quarters. Back then, it was a waiting process, sending my film off to be developed, waiting with anticipation to see my first photographs. On the day the photos arrived, I carefully laid each one on my blanket, was amazed that the camera had not just captured the image of my friends, but had also caught the essence of who they were. Many of my ship mates started to buy my photos from me. They started to ask for shots of themselves and little did I know those early orders would lead not only to a lifetime love of photography, but would also set me on my life long career path.

All these years later and I'm still taking people shots, capturing the essence of them in my photographs.

Profession Bio of Louis Jawitz

I am a veteran professional photographer now living fulltime in Sullivan County, with many years of experience in various aspects of Fine Art and commercial photography. I have built my career doing Fine Art, advertising, travel and editorial assignments for major clients in New York City, and nationally for which I have won both recognition and awards including:


· 43rd annual Clio award magazine cover shot.


· Numerous awards from the Art Directors Club of New York.

In addition to assignment work, I have long been involved with fine art photography as well as producing stock photography. My work has been marketed throughout the world by every recognized Stock Photo Agency including:

· The Image Bank (TIB)


· Age Foto Stock in Spain



· Digital Vision of London



· Getty.

My personal work has been exhibited at many New York advertising firms including Gray Y&R, J Walter Thompson BBD&O. My work has been represented in numerous Gallery Shows, including one-man shows at Nikon House in Rockefeller Center, The Bonnet Museum in Ft Lauderdale Fla, The Catskill Art Society, Liberty Museum Arts Center, and the Old Stone House Gallery.

My editorial work has appeared in Nikon World, Popular Photography, Shutterbug and numerous other magazines.

I have been a adjunct professor at Sullivan Community College and guest lectured at both SVA & the New School of Social Research. Along the way I have adopted and added digital talents to my photographic skill sets.

"His photos range from quietness to scariness. Mr. Jawitz uses special effects lenses with results that are eccentric, moody and eerie."


New York Times