Thursday, November 10, 2011

November 12, 2011 Artist Reception for Renowned Photographer Louis H Jawitz

For anyone who has enjoyed a meal in Mountaindale's new Uccelli Restaurant, you cannot help but notice the stunning photographs from around the world that adorn the walls of Robert's restaurant taken by renowned artist and photograph Louis H. Jawitz who now resides in our area. This Saturday November 12th, 2011 Robert will be holding an Artist Reception for the artist from 2:00-4:00 PM, and you are invited. Please stop by for some wine and cheese, meet Lou, and enjoy his beautiful photographic studies from around the world, including a breathtaking picture of the Twin Towers.

About The Artist

Artist Statement of Louis Jawitz

It was decades ago when I picked up my first camera, shot that first photograph that drew me into this mystical world that allows one with a simple lens to capture the essence of humanity, its foils, its toils and its triumphs.

I had gotten my first camera while serving on the nuclear aircraft carrier "Enterprise" and being in such close quarters found myself taking pictures of my shipmates, working at their assigned tasks, relaxing down below in the crew quarters. Back then, it was a waiting process, sending my film off to be developed, waiting with anticipation to see my first photographs. On the day the photos arrived, I carefully laid each one on my blanket, was amazed that the camera had not just captured the image of my friends, but had also caught the essence of who they were. Many of my ship mates started to buy my photos from me. They started to ask for shots of themselves and little did I know those early orders would lead not only to a lifetime love of photography, but would also set me on my life long career path.

All these years later and I'm still taking people shots, capturing the essence of them in my photographs.