Friday, December 2, 2011

A Day At the BashaKill Vineyard

Looking for a FUN Saturday thing too do this Christmas Season...how about a Saturday Drive to the BashaKill Vineyard?

Last weekend I made my first visit to the vineyard, and what a beautiful visit it was...warm, cozy, welcoming, family are all words describing the place, yet none of them quite do the vineyard justice. You walk into the showroom and receive a friendly smile and welcome from Paul Deninno who encourages you to try the vineyards various offerings.

My own favorite was the Coyote...I shared one bottle at the vineyard with my friends, and brought two bottles home for the holidays. The Blue Heron was another one of my own favorites, another one that I just had to bring home with me.

Standing at the little serving bar, I was struck at how many people came wondering in with various and assorted homemade goodies, making their way out to the open porch to set up a help yourself buffet table for anyone wanting a bite to eat. Over in the corner there was a small stage area set up, various musicians taking turns entertaining those gathered. Outside in the open air there was a small outdoor fireplace, a toasty fire keeping the brave souls warm as they sipped a glass of wine.

Don't want to give it all away, but wait till you see THE CAVE...oh, did I mention the view of the water...spectacular.

Directions

Exit 113 off rt 17, get off the ramp and go south on rt 209 for about 2 miles. Make a left on Haven road (blue BashaKill sign on Rt209) and go to the end. Then make a right onto South Road go about 2 miles down and it is on the left across from the boat launch. Just look for the vines.

1131 South Road
Wurtsboro, NY 12790

Phone: 845-888-5858
Email: info@bashakillvineyards.com