Saturday, December 31, 2011

My Own New Year's Resolutions

Each year as the old year comes to an end, and the birth of a new year occurs at the stroke of Midnight all around the world, there is a hope that the year on the horizon will be a better one than the one just passed. A part of this passage is the making of New Year's resolutions, most of which we break within days, even hours. Yet, each year on December 31st we get out our pens...or keyboards and put great thought into what we what to change and/or make better in year to come, hoping for some great personal Epiphany that will see us succeed in our quest to be better people, better citizens of the world. To that end, am sitting here with my second cup of coffee of the day (I drink way to much of it) thinking the same thoughts as millions of others as I put to paper (blog) my own 2012 New Year's Resolutions.

I want to be healthier in 2012. Fact is, I need to lose at least 25 pounds, and should start getting far more exercise than I got in 2011. To this end, I want to start eating much healthier foods in the new year, get more living matter (vegetables) into my body. In conjunction with this, want to get more exercise by going for a walk, or riding on my exercise cycle at least four days out of each seven. My goal here would be to work up to one hour four days a week getting some exercise of one type or another.

Better personal organization in my own life...which for me means taking the time to make a list of what I want to get accomplished for any given day, then clicking off those tasks as they get accomplished. To often important things get done at the last minute (like paying my bills) because I am just not organized.

Set aside time each day for endeavors of a creative nature...writing, taking far more photographs (and organizing/cataloging them) and painting...do not really know how to paint, but would like to work toward mastering this craft. Also should set aside half an hour daily to work on learning the guitar, as I have always wanted to be able to play a musical instrument.

A tall order for 2012, but perhaps with some serious commitment on my end, these worthy aspirations, my own list of resolutions shared here for all to read will meet with some level of success in 2012. To all my readers, to the citizens of Mountaindale, I wish each of you a very Happy and Prosperous New Year.